Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1--Happy Valentine's Day!

Why is my title Day 1? Well, this is the first day of my new journey toward healthy living. I am going back on weight watchers. My current weight is 214lbs. It feels good to be able to get that out. I never tell anyone my weight these days except for my mom. I am hoping to get down to 160lbs. That is a total of 54lbs. It seems like a daunting task considering how long I have been heavy and how long it is going to take to lose the weight. I am determined and excited. I know there will be challenges, but I'm ready.

This week I am going to focus on sticking to my points and incorporating exercise into my lifestyle. My recent trips and company have caused me to go off track. I am going to try to attend a ZUMBA class at the YMCA today. They are usually pretty packed.

For breakfast I am having:

1. English muffin w/ 1 tbsp. of WW creme cheese
2. 1/2 c. of light n' fit vanilla yogurt (I love this yogurt!)
3. 1/4c. of Kashi Golden Goodness (to go in the yogurt)
4. 1 apple

I haven't totaled the WW points, but I think it is about 9. I am hoping to cook a yummy WW meal tonight. I haven't decided on what yet. Maybe something with chicken? I will try and post pics of the food I eat each day and the recipes I make.

In other news...my dad is in town!! I mentioned before that he is supposed to deploy to Iraq this month. Well, he flew in last night to surprise my mom for Valentine's Day. How romantic is that? I am so glad I get to see him one last time before he goes. We will miss him a lot.

I have a few things on the agenda today. I need to get my migraine prescription taken care of, call ASU about the Nutrition program, and apply for a job. I have always loved food and been interested in nutrition. So, I think it might be the right fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment