Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Everything's Bigger in Texas!

My little bro & I
I am the great state of Texas today. Why you may ask? I am here to visit my dad before he leaves for Iraq. He is a helicopter pilot in the army (awesoem job right?). My mom and little brother are here as well. I had a great night of sleep last night. I have not been sleeping well the past few weeks. I suffer from severe migraines and I have been having quite a few recently. They are the type that I have to take medicine and lay down all day. I get blurred vision, nausea, and a lot of other symptoms. The pain is excruciating and I sometimes have to go to the ER to get some relief. I was migraine free this last year. So great! I was taking Topiramate/Topamax and it reduced my migraines greatly. However, I was dropped from my parent's health insurance last summer. SO, I had to stop taking the medicine. The migraines returned almost immediately. They are debilitating and keep me in bed for a day or more. They really hinder my life and I keep praying that God will heal me. I'm trying to get back on the medicine. Hopefully everything will work out.

So what does that have to do with losing weight? Well, the migraines hinder me from being healthy and feeling good. I have to cut out exercise because the migraines seem to be worse after I work out. I just get so frustrated because I want to run a 5k one of these days. But the migraines hinder me from exercising like I want to and I love to exercise! I have a membership at the YMCA and my new fav class is ZUMBA.


It is a great workout and oh so much fun. But I have not been able to go becuase I have been feeling sick. Did I mention that I have had a cold for 2 1/2weeks? I think I'm falling apart. I am just now getting over it. PTL! Anyway, I have been trying to hike and things like that, but my head has been bothering me a lot. When I get back home, I plan on resuming both my diet (Weight Watchers) and going to ZUMBA. I'm not giving up!

Right now, I'm trying to maintain my weight and not gain anymore. Today I have not been to great. So far I have had a non-fat yogurt, yogurt covered raisins (see a pattern here?), tortilla with PB & honey, and a oatmeal cream pie. Yes, my eating habits are random and unhealthy. It is something I am going to work on when I get home. My goal for this week is to focus on adding in more healthy items such as fruits & veggies. I am going to try to keep my portions smaller. I think those are good goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment