Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jolly Llama & Dieticians

As I mentioned yesterday, I had an appointment at ASU today for the Nutrition program. The counselor was very friendly and informative. One thing I know for sure from my visit... I am not meant to be a dietician. The degree is heavily based on chemistry and I absolutely dislike that stuff! I think it is a wonderful field, but definitely not for me. I would have 2 more yrs. of college plus I have to do a 1yr. internship. The internship is unpaid and it is very hard to get into one. 50% of applicants who apply for internships do not get in. No thank you! I've been down that road before with nursing. The classes were ridiculously hard and it was so competitive. The benefit of today's appointment is that I finally decided Non-Profit Leadership & Management is for me. I have been second guessing myself this whole last year. I have looked into everything from Photography to Accounting. Today confirmed to me that I have made the right choice. Well, as long as financial aid comes through and I get in-state tuition.

Honestly, I am really tired of school. I have been in college for 4yrs. and I am only coming out with an Associate in Arts. Why? Because I just can't seem to decide on a major. I was in nursing so long that I have had trouble figuring out what else to do. I just keep praying and asking for God's guidance. I know it will all work out.

Now for how I'm doing on my diet! I stuck to my points today despite numerous temptations. My brother decided to buy donuts and sugar cookies. I hate it when he brings that stuff into the house. I just keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it. I'm choosing to change my lifestyle. I know I will feel better and be healthier in the long run. I haven't been to the gym this week. So much else has been going on. I'm hoping to start going on Thursday. I have a ton of homework to do tomorrow.

Today I have had:

Breakfast--
1. 2 bananas
2. Jolly Llama Acai Berry Sorbet (just discovered it at Whole Foods today...so yummy!)

Lunch--
1. Garden Veggie Burger with WW cheese, ketchup, & mustard
2. 1/2c. cottage cheese
3. Rice cake
4. Cranberry Vitamuffin (another new find)
5. Yogurt covered raisins

Dinner--
1. A low-fat frozen burrito (just did not want to cook)
2. 1 bag of low-fat kettle corn
3. Caribbean fruit bar
4. Another yummy Vitamuffin
5. Dannon Light n' fit vanilla yogurt (1/2c.) with 1/4c. rasberries

It seems like a lot, but I get 37 pts. Another good day!! I'm going to get some homework done and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment